Monday, December 29, 2003

Forum: The fish that threatened national security

Forum: The fish that threatened national security: "Like many college students who flew home for the holidays, I had to endure the latest airport safeguards in the name of homeland security. A lot of us have stories to tell, but only mine is a fish tale, a contemporary melodrama of the absurd to prepare you for future travels.

My boyfriend Trey and I arrived by taxi at the US Airways terminal of La Guardia airport. We had four bags apiece, and one more precious piece of cargo -- MJ, my pet fish. MJ is a gorgeous fighting Betta fish, his palate a perfect pastel rainbow. He had become quite a solace to me in New York, a city that can make you feel so small and alone."

I fly out of there all the time, and after taking over 50 flights this last year, I can assure you that this type of TSA person exists. They are still rare, but they're there.

No comments: