Monday, August 18, 2003

Death of Journalist Killed by G.I.'s Prompts Calls for Inquiry

Death of Journalist Killed by G.I.'s Prompts Calls for Inquiry: "In accepting the 2001 International Press Freedom Award from the Committee to Protect Journalists, Mr. Mazen Dana [43, was the second Reuters journalist to be killed in Iraq since the invasion began on March 20] spoke about the dangers he often faced. 'Words and images are a public trust,' he said. 'For this reason I will continue with my work regardless of the hardships, even if it costs me my life.'"

This is a tough one. If we are going to try and bring the front lines back to everyone's home, there should probably be a person in the army who can tell those with the guns wherere these journalist's live. If they already have one, this investigation needs to be very thorough.

No comments: