Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Moore: pirate my film, no problem - [Sunday Herald]

Moore: pirate my film, no problem - [Sunday Herald]
"I don't agree with the copyright laws and I don't have a problem with people downloading the movie and sharing it with people as long as they're not trying to make a profit off my labour. I would oppose that," he said.

"I do well enough already and I made this film because I want the world, to change. The more people who see it the better, so I'm happy this is happening."

Moore said: “Is it wrong for someone who’s bought a film on DVD to let a friend watch it for free? Of course it’s not. It never has been and never will be. I think information, art and ideas should be shared.”

Defenders of Moore’s position include Pulp Fiction director Quentin Tarantino, who earlier this year encouraged audiences in countries where his films are not legally available to obtain counterfeit copies.
You go with your fat self. This is not surprising, as he's said as much on film before, but it's nice to see more happening on this front.

No comments: