Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Independent Online Edition > Science & Technology : app4

Independent Online Edition > Science & Technology : app4: "Mysterious knotted strings used by the Incas to control their sprawling South American empire may have been ledgers for their accountants to keep track of payments to the king.

The strings, called khipu, have long fascinated archaeologists because they seemed to be designed to carry information in some hitherto unknown code rather than being made simply for decoration."

Old skool accounting.

6 comments:

Bud Wiser said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tony said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rushprnews said...

Hi, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to visit again! Please feel free to visit my blog too at http://rushprnews.iuplog.com, RushPRnews Daily Gazette.
My site is ** RushPRnews press release services, distribution and free web posting** . Cordially, Anne Laszlo-Howard

性爱 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
markandres7614 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://www.juicyfruiter.blogspot.com

Erik Mann said...

Hi - I was searching for blogs about associations and found yours. Reason I was searching for associations is I have one and I'm looking for ways people run theirs.